Monday, January 21, 2008
Today: 1929 - 1968
* Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must ever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.
* Without love, benevolence becomes egotism.
* The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important.
* We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
* If man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
* In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
* We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.